Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
KJHarris KJHarris is offline

Default how can I reduce the number of pages needed to print a document

I am new to Word(previously used Word Perfect). WP had a feature called
"make it fit" which allowed you to take let's say a 3 page document and put
in the command reduce to 2 pages. It would automatically change the type
size and/or margins as needed so that you now had a 2 page document ready to
print. Does Word have an equivalent feature? Thanks for any help.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Twayne[_2_] Twayne[_2_] is offline

In ,
Suzanne S. Barnhill typed:
Yes, but see
http://word.mvps.org/FAQs/Formatting/FitCopy.htm

"KJHarris" wrote in
message
I am new to Word(previously used Word Perfect). WP had a
feature called "make it fit" which allowed you to take
let's say a 3 page document and put
in the command reduce to 2 pages. It would automatically
change the type size and/or margins as needed so that you
now had a 2 page document ready to
print. Does Word have an equivalent feature? Thanks for
any help.

Good article, Sue. KUDOS.

Twayne`
--
Life is the only real counselor; wisdom unfiltered
through personal experience does not become a
Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Trevor Doyle[_2_] Trevor Doyle[_2_] is offline

Default how can I reduce the number of pages needed to print a documen

One of the easiest way to do this which works sometimes is to select
the........ Office Button Page Preview then there should be a button on
the ribbon that says, "Shrink to One Page," thus it should try to shrink it
down by changing text size etc.

Hope this helps

.