Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
silas[_2_] silas[_2_] is offline

Default Word sort...

Hi. I have a page of names- first names first- which I would like to sort by
last names. Is there a way to get Word 2007 to sort by the second word?

Thanks.

silas

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Jay Freedman Jay Freedman is offline

In the Sort dialog, click the Options button. Select the Other option
and type a space character in the box to its right. Click OK.

In the Sort dialog, the Sort By and Then By dropdowns will now have
choices for "Word 1" and "Word 2". Select "Word 2" in the first one
and "Word 1" in the second one.

--
Regards,
Jay Freedman