Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
laceyjo laceyjo is offline

Default Mail merge query...

I am new to mail merge and have a club newsletter to go out which is in A4
size. I would like each club members name to be printed at the top of the
sheet so that when the merge has completed, all club members will have a
letter with their name printed on the top.

I have managed to do this, however, after the merge has completed, instead
of each copy starting on a fresh page, it automatically starts from the end
of the note so I'm having to edit each one individually to push them down to
the start of the new page.

What do I need to do to rectify this or cant this be one?

Thanks for your help .
Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Graham Mayor Graham Mayor is offline

It sounds as though you have set the merge document type to Directory. It
needs to be Letter. Thgen merge to a new document (or to the printer). See
http://www.gmayor.com/mail_merge_lab...th_word_xp.htm or
http://www.gmayor.com/merge_labels_with_word_2007.htm

"laceyjo" wrote in message
I am new to mail merge and have a club newsletter to go out which is in A4
size. I would like each club members name to be printed at the top of the
sheet so that when the merge has completed, all club members will have a
letter with their name printed on the top.

I have managed to do this, however, after the merge has completed, instead
of each copy starting on a fresh page, it automatically starts from the
end
of the note so I'm having to edit each one individually to push them down
the start of the new page.

What do I need to do to rectify this or cant this be one?

Thanks for your help .

Mail Merge and MS Query Roger0x1 Microsoft Word Help 1 April 11th 07 04:53 PM
Mail merge on an access query... Warrio Mailmerge 2 September 16th 06 12:49 AM
Mail Merge Query minignaz Mailmerge 2 August 1st 06 08:56 AM
mail merge query jimmy Mailmerge 1 May 17th 05 12:28 PM
how do I set up a query for my mail merge Laura Mailmerge 1 March 22nd 05 10:31 PM