Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
tinks tinks is offline

Default Mail Merge Word 2007 from Outlook 2007

I created a master main document in word with field from my Outlook fields so
we don't have to recreate the label main document every time. It seems
buggy, sometime the mail merge works fine, other times I get a message saying
there is already merged info, do I want to remove? So I say yes, but the
mail merge feature becomes greyed out. It also looks like multiple sessions
of Word have opened. I did start from Outlook not Word. Please help, this
seems it should be a very simple mail merge.
--
Thanks for the help
Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields

What happens if you say NO.

However, having set up the main document with the data source having been
attached to it, all you should need to do is open that document in Word and
execute the merge again.

See the "Mailmerge from Outlook" item on fellow MVP Graham Mayor's website
at:
http://www.gmayor.com/mailmerge_from_outlook.htm

--
Hope this helps.

services on a paid consulting basis.

"tinks" wrote in message
I created a master main document in word with field from my Outlook fields
so
we don't have to recreate the label main document every time. It seems
buggy, sometime the mail merge works fine, other times I get a message
saying
there is already merged info, do I want to remove? So I say yes, but the
mail merge feature becomes greyed out. It also looks like multiple
sessions
of Word have opened. I did start from Outlook not Word. Please help,
this
seems it should be a very simple mail merge.
--
Thanks for the help

Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
tinks tinks is offline

I'll try saying no and see what happens. Could this have anything to do with
our saving everything in compatibility mode or installation issues?
--
Thanks for the help

"tinks" wrote:

I created a master main document in word with field from my Outlook fields so
we don't have to recreate the label main document every time. It seems
buggy, sometime the mail merge works fine, other times I get a message saying
there is already merged info, do I want to remove? So I say yes, but the
mail merge feature becomes greyed out. It also looks like multiple sessions
of Word have opened. I did start from Outlook not Word. Please help, this
seems it should be a very simple mail merge.
--
Thanks for the help

Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
tinks tinks is offline

I tried No and I got this response
Opening this document will run the following SQL command:
SELECT * FROM C:\DOCUM~1\JCOMST~1\LOCALS~1\Temp\OMME.doc
Data from your database will be placed in the document, Do you want to
continue? If I say no, the mail merge is greyed out
--
Thanks for the help

"tinks" wrote:

I created a master main document in word with field from my Outlook fields so
we don't have to recreate the label main document every time. It seems
buggy, sometime the mail merge works fine, other times I get a message saying
there is already merged info, do I want to remove? So I say yes, but the
mail merge feature becomes greyed out. It also looks like multiple sessions
of Word have opened. I did start from Outlook not Word. Please help, this
seems it should be a very simple mail merge.
--
Thanks for the help

Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
tinks tinks is offline

Also, before the screen will even appear I have to close out the other blank
Word Document that has opened
--
Thanks for the help

"tinks" wrote:

I created a master main document in word with field from my Outlook fields so
we don't have to recreate the label main document every time. It seems
buggy, sometime the mail merge works fine, other times I get a message saying
there is already merged info, do I want to remove? So I say yes, but the
mail merge feature becomes greyed out. It also looks like multiple sessions
of Word have opened. I did start from Outlook not Word. Please help, this
seems it should be a very simple mail merge.
--
Thanks for the help

Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields

See the following Knowledge Base article:
"Opening This Will Run the Following SQL Command" Message When You Open a
Word Document - 825765 at:
http://support.microsoft.com?kbid=825765

--

"tinks" wrote:

I created a master main document in word with field from my Outlook
fields so
we don't have to recreate the label main document every time. It seems
buggy, sometime the mail merge works fine, other times I get a message
saying
there is already merged info, do I want to remove? So I say yes, but the
mail merge feature becomes greyed out. It also looks like multiple
sessions
of Word have opened. I did start from Outlook not Word. Please help,
this
seems it should be a very simple mail merge.
--
Thanks for the help

Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
Cathy Allington Cathy Allington is offline

"tinks" wrote:

I created a master main document in word with field from my Outlook
fields so
we don't have to recreate the label main document every time. *It seems
buggy, sometime the mail merge works fine, other times I get a message
saying
there is already merged info, do I want to remove? *So I say yes, but the
mail merge feature becomes greyed out. *It also looks like multiple
sessions
of Word have opened. *I did start from Outlook not Word. *Please help,
this
seems it should be a very simple mail merge.
--
Thanks for the help- Hide quoted text -

I, too have had this problem for some time now, and have been using
mail merge from Outlook since OL 2000. I have posted many times, but
with no answer.Doug, thank you for the pointer to the MS article -
this FINALLY fixed the SQL prompt issue - thank you! I still have the
issue of Word opening 2 documents, but much happier now without that
pesky SQL prompt - that has been really annoying!! So thanks Doug! :-)