Posted to microsoft.public.word.tables
TechWriter TechWriter is offline

Default Master Document table formatting

I have created a master document with eight subdocuments. When I upload the
subdocuments, the tables within change the indents on each column.

Is there an easy way to fix this and/or keep it from happening all together?
All other formatting comes through fine from subs to master - just the
indents on the table columns needs help.
--
techwriter
Posted to microsoft.public.word.tables
DeanH DeanH is offline

You don't say what Word verison you are using, this useful informtioan in the
answering of postings, but in this case it does not really matter as Master
Documents function has been broken in all version of Word.
See http://word.mvps.org/faqs/general/Wh...ocsCorrupt.htm for further
details.
Not saying that what you describe has anything to do with the possible
Master documents corrupting, but just that before you do loss everything,
maybe start looking into other options.
Word can handle large documents (I have documents over 1,000 of pages with
no problems) so if you are doing sub-docs because of page numbers, I would
consider combining the files.
If you do need the documents to be different (say for revision/updating
issues) look into the IncludeText field function. I use this feature
sometimes when certain sections need to be separate documetns in their own
right. Works well

Best of luck to you
DeanH