Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
recklaw45 recklaw45 is offline

Default mail merge omits address box ; greeting becomes Dear Sir or Madam

I have imported information form an excel file to create a mail merge.
All goes well until I get to "preview your documents" at which stage the
address block disappears and the greeting line becomes "Dear Sir or Madam"
Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields

The Address Block causes more problems than it solves. Just insert the
individual merge fields in the configuration that YOU want them.

--
Hope this helps.

services on a paid consulting basis.