Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Elfego Baca Elfego Baca is offline

Default Change capitalized words to capitalized, bold and red

I would like to change all fully capitalized words to capitalized, bold and
red. How do I do this using find and replace?

I would also like to find capitalized phrases (more than 1 capitalized
word), add 2 paragraph marks before it, make the capitalied phrase capital
and bold, add a period (.) to the end and add a paragraph mark after it. How
do I do that with find and reolace?
--
Butch Cassidy
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

The first one is easy if the words are in upper case because the font is
formatted as All caps.

If that is the case, in the Replace dialog, click on the More button and
with the cursor in the Find what control, click on Format and then Font and
put a check mark in the box for All caps. You should then see under the
Find what control the words Not Small caps, All caps. Leave the Find what
control itself empty.

Now move to the Replace with control and in it, insert ^& and then click on
the Format button and then on Font and check the All caps box, select Bold
and then the color Red and click on OK. Under the Replace with control, you
should now see Font: Bold, Font color: Red, Not Small caps, All caps.

Then click on Replace All.

If the upper case was created by using the Shift key or the Caps lock key,
then you will need to take a different approach as follows:

After click on the More button, check the Use wildcards box and in the Find
what control enter

([A-Z]{2,})

Then in the Replace with Control, insert

\1

and click on the Format button and then on Font and set the All caps, Bold
and color as before.

If the upper case words were created by both methods (Font formatting and
Shift+ or Caps lock), you will have to use both methods.

For the second one, you can only do it with Find and Replace if the
uppercase was created by using the Shift Key or the Caps lock key. For this
one, check the Use wildcards box again, and in the Find what control, insert

([A-Z]{2,} [A-Z]{2,})

Note that there is a space between the {2,} and the [A-Z]

Then in the Replace with control, enter

^p^p\1.^p

And apply the necessary formatting via the Format button and then Font.

If the uppercase was created by the font being formatted as All caps, you
will have to use a macro rather than Find and Replace. Let us know if that
is the case as there are a few wrinkles like if the whole phrase was
formatted as All caps, or only the letters.

--
Hope this helps.

services on a paid consulting basis.

"Elfego Baca" wrote in message
I would like to change all fully capitalized words to capitalized, bold
and
red. How do I do this using find and replace?

I would also like to find capitalized phrases (more than 1 capitalized
word), add 2 paragraph marks before it, make the capitalied phrase capital
and bold, add a period (.) to the end and add a paragraph mark after it.
How
do I do that with find and reolace?
--
Butch Cassidy

dgrftjt dgrftjt is offline
Junior Member

I extremely love happy wheels unblocked, exploring new places with plentiful cuisines and nature, especially walking along the beach in the dusk that make me comfortable and peaceful.
bevis0405 bevis0405 is offline
Junior Member

I wonder if there is a quick drift hunters and easy way to reduce the size (so the font size I suppose) of all blank lines in a word document?

HenryHeine HenryHeine is offline
Banned

I have found the updates about the sports are recommending are useful and wise. I’m sure a number of people around are looking for the sports news to enjoy their weekends. Thumbs up and continue sharing history dissertation writing services trusted help always.
donna1205 donna1205 is offline
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elfego Baca View Post
I would like to change all fully capitalized words to capitalized, bold and
red. How do I do this using find and replace?

I would also like to find capitalized phrases (more than 1 capitalized
word), add 2 paragraph marks before it, make the capitalied phrase capital
and bold, add a period (.) to the end and add a paragraph mark after it. How
do I do that with find and reolace? 5 letter words
--
Butch Cassidy
Thanks for your post. Click on 5 letter words to play the hot game. I'm happy if you guys support me