Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
bmowell bmowell is offline

Default How can I type within a cell like it is a word document?

Hi,

Is there a way to type text within a cell where I can choose the position of
the text by clicking within the cell like you can within a word document?

I'd like to be able to easily type in something like this:

YOU: ME:
No I can not do that! (happy)

Yes you can!

And be able to select the placement of my text WITHOUT having to hold down
the cursor to push it forward.

Thanks!
Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout

I personally wouldn't advise EVER using Click and Type shudder, but...

You can (anywhere, not just in table cells) set tab stops where you want
text. In ordinary text, you press Tab to get to the next tab stop; in a
table, you must press Ctrl+Tab (see
http://word.mvps.org/FAQs/Formatting/SettingTabs.htm). But it would make a
lot more sense instead to put the text in two adjacent cells.

http://word.mvps.org