skyping skyping is offline
Junior Member

Default Copy all hyperlinks and alphabetically sort

This is my 1st post here...as I'm really stuck after searching everywhere, so I hope you guys can help!!!

I have a standard Word document that has numerous hyperlinks throughout it.

What I would really like to do is copy all the hyperlinks (keeping the structure etc) and then placing them sorted alphabetically at the point I run the code / macro. Is this possible?

Many Thanks!
Natalie Lanoville Natalie Lanoville is offline
Junior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by skyping View Post
This is my 1st post here...as I'm really stuck after searching everywhere, so I hope you guys can help!!!

I have a standard Word document that has numerous hyperlinks throughout it.

What I would really like to do is copy all the hyperlinks (keeping the structure etc) and then placing them sorted alphabetically at the point I run the code / macro. Is this possible?

Many Thanks!
Well I don't know much about macros, but I do know that if you go to [CTRL+F] (Find), and leave the find field blank but add the continuous underline format to it, it will find and select all the underlined text, which could be incorporated into a macro along with the copy command.
MattDan MattDan is offline
Junior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by skyping View Post
This is my 1st post here...as I'm really stuck after searching everywhere, so I hope you guys can help!!!

I have a standard Word document that has numerous hyperlinks throughout it.

What I would really like to do is copy all the hyperlinks (keeping the structure etc) and then placing them sorted alphabetically at the point I run the code / macro. Is this possible?

Many Thanks!
Hi skyping,

I've needed to do something similar recently, and it should work with hyperlinks.

I created a macro to search for specific text - as Natalie says, you can search for specific formatting. My macro cuts the text, or the line, and jumps to the bottom of the document and pastes it, then returns to the top of the document. Keep running the macro until it has moved all the hyperlinks to the bottom of the document. Then tidy up the lines if it's caught any surplus text, and simply sort by paragraphs.

Other than that, can you paste an example of what you're trying to do?

Matt