Posted to microsoft.public.word.formatting.longdocs
Karen Woods Karen Woods is offline

Default document size Help!

I created a Word 2003 document of a small catalog with 50 small images in it
(1 inch approx) and the whole doc was only 5 pages at only 3.5MB. It sent
easily thru Outlook Express to my customers and everyone could open it.

When I tried to create a supplement using the same format and only a
third of the total images and only 3 pages in length in Word2003 the size
was 15.5 MB and too large to send thru Outlook Express to anyone. I get an
error message that the document is too large for the server.

I can't see any difference in font, image sizes, etc. I cut and pasted
much of the original verbiage. I can't figure out how the bigger document
became so big when it is exactly the same formatting as the first one and
only half the content? What did I do wrong? I don't want to send this
via zip file or Adobe if I can avoid it. Should I just start over?

Karen