Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
c3snow c3snow is offline

Default Page # not linking to previous section

I've read quite a few blogs and solutions, but I haven't found something
yet to address this--what I thought would be simple in Word 2007 as I've done
it alot in Word 2003.
I have two sections in my document due to columns starting on page 5.
I've tried both page & continuous section breaks with the same problem. I
have page numbering set up in the footer starting on the first page of my
document and want it to run straight through both sections. However, even
though I have the page # in section 2 "linked to the previous" (the link
button is highlighted when I'm in the section 2 footer), my section 2 starts
over with "page 1" instead of saying "page 5." The only thing that seems to
be linking to the previous section is the formatting--not the numbering
sequence. Is there something else that could be stopping the link between
the sections from working for the numbering sequence? Or do I need to set
the numbering up a different way?