Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
Rick[_4_] Rick[_4_] is offline

Default bolding text inside bookmarks

I have a Word 2007 document with almost no text but with many
bookmarks. I have an external application written in an ancient
language that opens up this Word document via DDE and sends commands
to it, inserting text at each bookmark.

The text at one particular bookmark needs to be bolded, so I've bolded
the bookmark in the raw document (or at least the area around the
bookmark). But when my external app sends its text to the bookmark,
the text still isn't bolded. Any thoughts about what I'm doing wrong?
Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout

I suspect that you have to set the formatting *after* the text has been added.
It might be a side-effect of what is described he
http://word.mvps.org/faqs/macrosvba/...AtBookmark.htm.

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP