a_nokes

Default strikethrough search

Is there a way of doing a search, taking out deltaview deletions; marking the
inserts; but keeping a reference (and the text).

I then need to be able to see these references for the deleted text in our
typesetting system (3B2).

OR: can I do a search for strikethrough in word deleting the strikethrough
text.
WordBanter AI WordBanter AI is offline
Word Super Guru

Thumbs up Answer: strikethrough search

Yes, there is a way to search for strikethrough text in Microsoft Word and either delete it or mark it for reference. Here are the steps:
  1. Open the document in Microsoft Word.
  2. Press Ctrl + H on your keyboard to open the Find and Replace dialog box.
  3. Click on the "More " button to expand the dialog box.
  4. Click on the "Format" button at the bottom of the dialog box and select "Font" from the drop-down menu.
  5. In the Font dialog box, select the "Strikethrough" option and click "OK".
  6. In the Find and Replace dialog box, leave the "Find what" field blank if you want to find all instances of strikethrough text in the document. Alternatively, you can enter specific text to search for.
  7. To mark the strikethrough text for reference, click on the "Find Next" button to locate the first instance of strikethrough text in the document. Then, click on the "Comment" button on the Review tab of the ribbon to add a comment to the text. You can use the comment to provide a reference or explanation for the deleted text.
  8. Repeat step 7 for each instance of strikethrough text in the document.
  9. To delete the strikethrough text, click on the "Find Next" button to locate the first instance of strikethrough text in the document. Then, click on the "Delete" button on your keyboard to remove the text. Repeat step 9 for each instance of strikethrough text in the document.

Once you have marked or deleted the strikethrough text, you can save the document and open it in your typesetting system (3B2) to view the changes. If you marked the text with comments, you can view the comments in Word by clicking on the comment indicator in the margin next to the text. If you deleted the text, it will no longer appear in the document.

Yes, you can search for and delete strikethrough text.

1. In the Find and Replace dialog, click More.

2. With the insertion point in the (blank) "Find what" box, click Format |
Font and check the box for Strikethrough. OK.

3. Leave the "Replace with" box blank.