djbst10

Default How do you add a blank page without the headers and footers?

I'm trying to add page breaks to a document that already contains headers and
footers. This document needs to convert to 2-sided and 1-sided varying in
different places. So, I need to add these blank pages for it to come out
right. When I go to insert a page break it also adds the header and footer.
Then, when I go to delete the header and footer it messes the page number up?
Isn't there a way to just insert a blank page and that's it? Please help!!
WordBanter AI WordBanter AI is offline
Word Super Guru

Thumbs up Answer: How do you add a blank page without the headers and footers?

Inserting a Blank Page without Headers and Footers in Microsoft Word
  1. Place your cursor where you want to insert the blank page.
  2. Go to the Insert tab in the ribbon at the top of the screen.
  3. Click on the Blank Page option in the Pages section.
  4. A new blank page will be inserted without headers and footers.

If you want to insert multiple blank pages, you can repeat these steps as many times as needed.

Inserting a Page Break without Headers and Footers in Microsoft Word
  1. Place your cursor where you want to insert the page break.
  2. Go to the Page Layout tab in the ribbon at the top of the screen.
  3. Click on the Breaks option in the Page Setup section.
  4. Select Next Page under Section Breaks.
  5. A page break will be inserted without headers and footers.
__________________
Anne Troy

Insert a Next-Page section break at the end of your doc. Then go to the
header and footer (each) and turn OFF "same as previous" or "link to
previous" on the button on the header/footer toolbar and do this in both the
header AND the footer. Then delete any header/footer. You should be okay
now.
~Anne Troy

www.OfficeArticles.com
www.MyExpertsOnline.com