Fernando

Default rights management in 2003 and previous versions compatibility.-

I don't know what happens when using rights management in Word 2003 and
trying to open it in a previous version ?? the same for other office apps ...
please your advice...
garfield-n-odie

What do you want to happen? See:

About Information Rights Management

Create content with restricted permission

View content with restricted permission

Fernando wrote:

I don't know what happens when using rights management in Word 2003 and
trying to open it in a previous version ?? the same for other office apps ...
please your advice...

Nick (GigaTrust)

Fernando,

Previous versions of Word (XP, 2000, etc.) are not 'RM aware' applications
and therefore will not be able to handle protected content. However, you can
save Word content in HTML format and protect the HTML. This will allow the
downlevel Office user to view the document in IE (assuming it is RM enabled).
GigaTrust provides a solution for this - see www.gigatrust.com.

- Nick