DCDuring

Default Beyond French-Fold Booklets

I have searched The MS Word forums to find whether there is any way to print
booklets in a format that would allow 8 pages (16 duplexed) to print on a
single 8 1/2 x 11 sheet and the whole thing to be folded into a small booklet
with all pages appearing right-side up. If you visualize a landscape page,
this would require that pages 6, 7, 8, and 1 appear across the top and pages
2,3,4, and 5 appear upside down across the bottom, with page 2 beneath page
1, 2 beneath page 8, etc.

If you have trouble visualizing this (as I did) go to pocketmod.com and look
at the "folding instructions".

My next question would be about 16-page on a sheet duplex printing, but that
would require that the 8-page problem be solved first anyway. I have looked
at Blue Squirrel's ClickBook, which supports 4-page "greeting-card" folds or
"French folds". Neither WOPR nor FinePrint seem to even support
"greeting-card" folds.
Doug Robbins

I don't think there is anyway to automate this. It could however be done
starting with a 2 across by 4 down label (= table) which will allow you to
set the necessary text directions. There would be no way however to make
the text flow from one cell to another, and it would be necessary to
manually move from one cell to the next in the required order as you enter
the text.

--
Hope this helps.

services on a paid consulting basis.

Doug Robbins - Word MVP
"DCDuring" wrote in message
[...]

TronBlack TronBlack is offline
Junior Member

Smile

ClickBook from Blue Squirrel has this now! It is the Zine layout, and requires just one small slice after folding. Eight pages on a single side of paper.

Tron

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doug Robbins View Post

"DCDuring" wrote in message
[...]

buddycurt buddycurt is offline
Junior Member

I have just bought a Panasonic NN-E255WB but inside the sealed box is the instruction booklet for an entirely different microwave. I won't be able to get back to the shop for a few days and would like to use it before then. Also not impressed by that shop as I've already had to return one microwave - different make etc.