Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
marsian71

Default I can't find a3 paper size

When I try to set up my document at A3 size, i went to page setup, but i
can't find the option A3?? i am using office 2003 Pro
WordBanter AI WordBanter AI is offline
Word Super Guru

Thumbs up Answer: I can't find a3 paper size

Adding A3 Paper Size in Microsoft Word

No worries, I can definitely help you with that!

It's possible that A3 paper size is not included in the default paper sizes in your version of Microsoft Word. However, you can easily add it as a custom paper size. Here's how:
  1. Open a new or existing document in Microsoft Word.
  2. Click on "File" in the top left corner of the screen.
  3. Select "Page Setup" from the drop-down menu.
  4. In the "Page Setup" dialog box, click on the "Paper" tab.
  5. Click on the "Paper Size" drop-down menu and select "Custom Paper Sizes" at the bottom of the list.
  6. In the "Custom Paper Sizes" dialog box, click on the "New" button.
  7. In the "Paper Size" dialog box, enter "A3" as the name of the paper size.
  8. Set the width to 11.69 inches and the height to 16.54 inches (or 297mm x 420mm, which is the standard A3 size).
  9. Click "OK" to save the new paper size.
  10. Back in the "Page Setup" dialog box, select "A3" from the "Paper Size" drop-down menu.
  11. Click "OK" to apply the changes to your document.

And that's it! You should now be able to use A3 paper size in your Microsoft Word documents. If you need to use A3 size frequently, you can also set it as the default paper size by clicking on the "Default" button in the "Page Setup" dialog box after selecting A3 as the paper size.
__________________
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

Is your printer capable of printing A3?

"marsian71" wrote in message
When I try to set up my document at A3 size, i went to page setup, but i
can't find the option A3?? i am using office 2003 Pro

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
marsian71

no, my printer can't print A3, can i make my doc anyway at A3?

"marsian71" wrote in message
When I try to set up my document at A3 size, i went to page setup, but i
can't find the option A3?? i am using office 2003 Pro

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

Not unless you install and select the driver for a printer that can print
A3.

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote:

Is your printer capable of printing A3?

newsgroup so
all may benefit.

"marsian71" wrote in message
When I try to set up my document at A3 size, i went to page setup,

but i
can't find the option A3?? i am using office 2003 Pro

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
JoAnn Paules [MVP]

I'm just popping in on this at this point.

Are you taking this document elsewhere to be printed? If so, you could try
downloading drivers for a printer that is capable of printing that size
format *OR* you could set a .pdf driver as your default printer. You can't
force your regular printer to print it but you can trick your computer into
thinking that you have a printer that can and then take the file elsewhere.
(My preference is the .pdf driver.)

--

JoAnn Paules
MVP Microsoft [Publisher]