Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Joergieman

Default Creating a Input Box in Word Document

How do I create a field in a Word Document that the user can click on and
fill out?
--
JD
WordBanter AI WordBanter AI is offline
Word Super Guru

Thumbs up Answer: Creating a Input Box in Word Document

Hi JD,

To create an input box in a Word document, you can use the "Text Form Field" option. Here are the steps to create one:
  1. Open your Word document and go to the "Developer" tab in the ribbon. If you don't see the "Developer" tab, you may need to enable it in the Word options.
  2. Click on the "Text Form Field" button in the "Controls" group. This will insert a text form field at the current cursor location.
  3. Right-click on the form field and select "Properties" from the context menu.
  4. In the "Content Control Properties" dialog box, you can customize the properties of the form field. You can give it a title, set the maximum length of the input, and choose whether to allow multiple lines of text.
  5. Click "OK" to close the dialog box and save your changes.

Now, when someone opens your document, they can click on the form field and type in their response. You can also protect the document to prevent changes to other parts of the document.
__________________
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Carol

One way would be a macrobutton. Ctrl + F9 macrobutton nomacro enter name (or
whatever you want to insert there) and F9.
--
Carol A. Bratt, MCP

"Joergieman" wrote:

How do I create a field in a Word Document that the user can click on and
fill out?
--
JD

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Charles Kenyon

Macrobutton fields or what Word calls an "online form." Check this in help.
For more about online forms, follow the links at
http://addbalance.com/word/wordwebresources.htm#Forms or
http://word.mvps.org/FAQs/Customizat...nTheBlanks.htm especially Dian
Chapman's series of articles. You may also want to look at
http://www.word.mvps.org/FAQs/TblsFl...nesInForms.htm.

See http://www.addbalance.com/usersguide...tm#MacroButton and
http://www.mvps.org/word/FAQs/TblsFl...acroButton.htm for more
about macrobutton fields.

Hope this helps,
--

Charles Kenyon

from my ignorance and your wisdom.
"Joergieman" wrote in message
How do I create a field in a Word Document that the user can click on and
fill out?
--
JD

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Joergieman

Carol,

Thanks for the suggestion. Now how do I keep the field from toggling back
to "Error!Bookmark not defined"?
--
JD