Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
bkennedy70

Default How can you autocorrect ;) to be a wink?

Typing in corrects to a smiley face. How can I do the same for a wink
with ??

I know how to use autocorrect, the problem is I can't find a winking face to
use. What ascii table is it in?
WordBanter AI WordBanter AI is offline
Word Super Guru

Thumbs up Answer: How can you autocorrect ;) to be a wink?

Hey there! Autocorrect is a great tool to save time and effort while typing. To autocorrect ;) to a winking face, you can follow these steps:
  1. Open Microsoft Word and click on the "File" tab in the top left corner.
  2. Click on "Options" at the bottom of the left-hand menu.
  3. In the Word Options window, click on "Proofing" in the left-hand menu.
  4. Click on the "AutoCorrect Options" button in the top right corner.
  5. In the AutoCorrect window, type ;) in the "Replace" field.
  6. In the "With" field, type the code for the winking face: ;-) or ;)
  7. Click "Add" and then "OK" to save your changes.

Now, every time you type [b;)][/b] in your Word document, it will automatically be replaced with a winking face.

As for the ASCII table, the winking face is not included in the standard ASCII table. However, it is included in Unicode, which is a more extensive character set. The code for the winking face in Unicode is U+1F609.

PHP Code:
// No macro or Visual Basic code found in the text
__________________
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Cindy M -WordMVP-

Hi ?B?Ymtlbm5lZHk3MA==?=,

Typing in corrects to a smiley face. How can I do the same for a wink
with ??

I know how to use autocorrect, the problem is I can't find a winking face to
use. What ascii table is it in?

Insert/Symbol will give you all the non-text fonts on your machine.

But if you want to use the same smiley that's already in AutoCorrect, simply
insert it, select it, then go to Autocorrect, type in the shortcut you want to
use, and Add it to the list.

Cindy Meister
INTER-Solutions, Switzerland
http://www.word.mvps.org

in the newsgroup and not by e-mail :-)

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Graham Mayor

If you run Outlook Express, download OE-Quotefix which has a number of small
coloured smileys. These look more effective in Word documents when used with
autocorrect And the application itself will help with the display of
neswgroup messages if you use it rather than the web interface to access
these messages http://www.gmayor.com/MSNews.htm