Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Remco

Default Word 2003 background (fill effect) prints incorrectly-not WYSIWYG

When a Word background "fill effect" is set via menu
format background fill effects gradient preset fire ( from center).
It displays as 1- 2 large rectangles on the page. This is the same when
viewed from print preview.

Howvever when printing this background, it prints as large amount small
rectanges approx ( across 6 and 11 down ) . It has effectivly re-sized the
output to the printer.

This does not seem to be a printer problem as I have tested this with
different prints.

Any advice on how to fix this would be very helpful.
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Word Heretic

G'day Remco ,

Is said printer set to be the default? Also, I thought this feature
was mainly for web page use. If you insert a graphic in a header or
footer, and float it over the page you achieve a similar background
effect.

Steve Hudson - Word Heretic

Without prejudice

Remco reckoned: