Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
NancyV

Default I can't "save" or "save as" anymore in Word or Excel

At work, got new computer Aug of 2005 w/ Windows XP Professional
pre-installed and installed Microsoft Office Small Business Edition 2003.
Worked great until 2 days ago. Now, I cannot "save" or "save as" in either
Word or Excel. When I click on the drop down list of where to save to in the
"save to" box, it freezes up and when I click again, says "not responding".
I've checked & tried the following: The software license is legit, no viruses
found, tools activicate in Word & Excel say "already activated", tools
repair (no difference), re-started computer, downloaded and installed all
available Microsoft Office updates and Windows updates, especially Word 2003
Update KB830000 (description matches perfectly my problem but didn't fix the
problem after running it) and Word 2003 Update KB828041, Cleared cache, and
uninstalled and reinstalled software. The drop down list in the StartSearch
also does the same thing. Help!!!! I'm way behind on my work now!!! What
else can I do?
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Charles Kenyon

See "Problems in Windows Explorer or the Windows shell after you install
security update MS06-015"
http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=918165

--
Charles Kenyon

from my ignorance and your wisdom.

"NancyV" wrote in message
[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Dan

Welcome to the wonderful world of Microsoft. This feature was introduced by
an update to Windows XP. See the following:

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/918165

"NancyV" wrote:

[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
NancyV

Charles,

Thank you for your response. I have just fixed the problem about 1 hour ago
by using the suggestion of "Jean Sebastien Strecko". I removed all things HP
scannerjet 5590 series from my computer and I am ok again. Thank goodness I
don't have that scanner any longer. If I did, my next step would have been
yours.

Thank you,

NancyV

"NancyV" wrote in message
[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Joe Rainburst

Nancy,
I had the same problem. I called Microsoft at 1-800-936-5700. They charged
me 35.00 to talk to a tech. I told him of my problem and that it happened
after an update from Microsoft. He sent me an email and fixed everything. He
also refunded my money. I hope that it helps. Joe