Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
gcotterl

Default Hanging indents

My document contains many sections. Each section may have several numbered
bullet-points. For each bullet-point, how do I indent all lines of all
paragraphs?

(I tried "hanging" indents but I guess I don't know how to use them because
the lines don't indent correctly).
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Charles Kenyon

See http://www.shaunakelly.com/word/bull...olbullets.html. You need to
change the format in the numbering format dialog using exactly the methods
set forth on this page. Don't read it and then go do it, use the article
step-by-step.

--
Charles Kenyon

from my ignorance and your wisdom.

"gcotterl" wrote in message
My document contains many sections. Each section may have several
numbered
bullet-points. For each bullet-point, how do I indent all lines of all
paragraphs?

(I tried "hanging" indents but I guess I don't know how to use them
because
the lines don't indent correctly).

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Jay Freedman

It sounds like you're trying to type the bullet for each bullet point.
Don't do that -- you're just making life hard for yourself. Get rid of
the typed bullets; then select the text you want to be in bullet
points, go to Format Style, and select the List Bullet style. That
will supply both the bullet and the indent for each paragraph.

If you have paragraphs that are supposed to be indented as part of a
bullet point but not have the bullet, apply the List Continue style to
them.

--
Regards,
Jay Freedman