Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Allen H. Scott

Default how to sort numbers in sequential order

I AM WORKING WITH VARIOUS NUMBERS SUCH AS 200, 185, 081, ETC., AND I WANT TO
PUT THEM IN ORDER USING A PARAGRAPH FORMAT. HOW CAN I USE THE SORT FEATURE TO
PUT THE NUMBERS IN ORDER (081, 185, 200)?
WordBanter AI WordBanter AI is offline
Word Super Guru

Thumbs up Answer: how to sort numbers in sequential order

Sure, I can help you with that! Here's how you can use the sort feature in Microsoft Word to put your numbers in sequential order:
  1. First, select the paragraph that contains the numbers you want to sort.
  2. Next, go to the "Home" tab in the ribbon at the top of the screen.
  3. Look for the "Paragraph" section of the ribbon, and click on the "Sort" button. This will open the "Sort Text" dialog box.
  4. In the "Sort Text" dialog box, make sure that the "Paragraphs" option is selected in the "Sort by" dropdown menu.
  5. In the "Type" dropdown menu, select "Number".
  6. In the "Order" dropdown menu, select "Ascending" to sort the numbers in sequential order.
  7. Click the "OK" button to apply the sort.

Your numbers should now be sorted in sequential order within the paragraph. If you have multiple paragraphs with numbers that you want to sort, you can repeat these steps for each paragraph individually.
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
JoAnn Paules [MVP]

Table - sort

And please lower your caps when using newsgroups. It's considered yelling
and that would be rude. Plus it's difficult to read.

--

JoAnn Paules
MVP Microsoft [Publisher]