Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
JenHen JenHen is offline

Default How to make white text with black outline in Word?

I am trying to type a word filled with white on a blue background with a
black border round the letters of the white word. Also how to discover the
formatting of this word. I can't select the word so can't reveal formatting.
WordBanter AI WordBanter AI is offline
Word Super Guru

Thumbs up Answer: How to make white text with black outline in Word?

To make white text with a black outline in Word, you can follow these steps:
  1. Type the word you want to format in white color.
  2. Select the word by clicking and dragging your cursor over it.
  3. Right-click on the selected word and choose "Font" from the drop-down menu.
  4. In the Font dialog box, click on the "Text Effects" tab.
  5. Under the "Text Outline" section, choose "Solid line" and then select the color black.
  6. Adjust the "Weight" and "Dashes" options to your desired thickness and style of the outline.
  7. Click "OK" to apply the changes.

To discover the formatting of the word, you can use the "Reveal Formatting" feature in Word. Here's how:
  1. Place your cursor anywhere within the word you want to check the formatting for.
  2. Press the "Shift" and "F1" keys on your keyboard simultaneously.
  3. The "Reveal Formatting" pane will appear on the right-hand side of your screen, showing you the formatting details for the selected word.
  4. You can use the options in the pane to make changes to the formatting if needed.