sankurian

Default Merge cell option Disabled

I am unable to merge 2 cells in a worrd table. The "Merge Cells" option is
disabled in my Word 2003. Please help

San ,
India
Cindy M -WordMVP-

Hi ?B?c2Fua3VyaWFu?=,

I am unable to merge 2 cells in a worrd table. The "Merge Cells" option is
disabled in my Word 2003.

Have you selected the cells you want to merge before selecting the command?

Does this happen in all tables, in all documents? Or only for certain ones?
What do the cells contain?

Cindy Meister
INTER-Solutions, Switzerland
http://www.word.mvps.org

sankurian

Yes, I have selected the cells to merge.
this is not only for 1 document. the merge cells option is disabled even for
new documents.
this is happening only in 1 particular PC.
I tried rpair and renistallation of office, but the problem remains the same.

"Cindy M -WordMVP-" wrote:

Hi ?B?c2Fua3VyaWFu?=,

I am unable to merge 2 cells in a worrd table. The "Merge Cells" option is
disabled in my Word 2003.

Have you selected the cells you want to merge before selecting the command?

Does this happen in all tables, in all documents? Or only for certain ones?
What do the cells contain?

Cindy Meister
INTER-Solutions, Switzerland
http://www.word.mvps.org

Cindy M -WordMVP-

Hi Sankurian,

OK. Try holding down the CTRL key while starting Word (to go into Safe Mode).
Does the problem still appear, or are you now able to create a table, select some
cells (in the same row or column) and merge them?

Yes, I have selected the cells to merge.
this is not only for 1 document. the merge cells option is disabled even for
new documents.
this is happening only in 1 particular PC.
I tried rpair and renistallation of office, but the problem remains the same.

I am unable to merge 2 cells in a worrd table. The "Merge Cells" option is
disabled in my Word 2003.

Cindy Meister
INTER-Solutions, Switzerland
http://www.word.mvps.org

in the newsgroup and not by e-mail :-)

jahoobob

sankurian Wrote:
I am unable to merge 2 cells in a worrd table. The "Merge Cells" option
is
disabled in my Word 2003. Please help

San ,
India

Are you sure you have highlighted only the two cells and not beyond.
This could happen if they are the last two cells in the tabe or the
first two.

--
jahoobob