Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
binar binar is offline

Default Cross Reference Nightmare, PLEASE HELP

Fellow Forum Members,
I have been setting up Figure Cross References without a problem. Now out of
no where all my figure cross reference hyperlinks (such as "Figure 3-16") are
corrupted with a lot of blank rows before the "F" in "Figure". It's as
though the hyperlink field for some reason is breaking up the paragraph it's
inside of and converting the space of blank rows in the middle of the
paragraph into one big hyperlink. What is causing this and how can I fix it?

Toggling the Field Codes I get this:
{REF _Ref162237414 \h \*MERGEFORMAT}
But some other ones are missing the "*MERGEFORMAT" data.

I have tried EDIT FIELD and nothing I do gets rid of the blank space of rows
preceding the Figure Field cross refence. If anyone out there can tell me
how to fix this problem I would be very grateful. Thanks.
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Anne Troy[_2_] Anne Troy[_2_] is offline

I'd be included to Edit--Go To and choose the bookmark that's being cross
referenced. Sounds like more than you bargained for is between the beginning
and the end of the bookmark, and it's hosing the cross-ref.
****************************
Hope it helps!
Anne Troy
www.OfficeArticles.com
****************************
"binar" wrote in message
[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
binar binar is offline

Thanks for the tip Anne.

To further define my problem, creating a cross reference for a Figure is
also hosed. Everytime I now create one the figure cross reference is added
with a bunch of blank space. How is all cross referncing fixed at a global
level? Is this a known bug? I'm running with SP2

"binar" wrote in message
[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

My guess is that you have gotten some blank lines in the bookmark for the
cross-reference. See
http://www.thedoctools.com/index.php...erence_trouble

"binar" wrote in message
[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
binar binar is offline

I find this hard to understand, but for some reason each cross reference
field that is created has embedded inside of it a picture box of some kind
with sizing handles on it. I can resize this box in the field and the field
gets smaller. How in the world does a graphic box get into a field? This
condition is not covered in DocTools. Any info will be greatly appreciated.

"binar" wrote in message
[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
binar binar is offline

I got some additional info to share. I went to OPTION and clicked on Show
Fields.
All the figure cross reference fields that are hosed seem to have this in
common:

{SHAPE \*MERGEFORMAT}

This this code mean anything to anyone out there?

"binar" wrote in message
[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

Are you cross-referencing a shape? Did you look at the referenced article?

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote:

My guess is that you have gotten some blank lines in the bookmark for

the
cross-reference. See
http://www.thedoctools.com/index.php...erence_trouble

newsgroup so