Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
van van is offline

Default I want to change footer on all 30 pages of document.

I have load a document into my computer which needed to be edited. Part of
the editing is changing the footer text. I am successful in changing page 1
but I want to change all 30 pages w/o having to do them individually.
WordBanter AI WordBanter AI is offline
Word Super Guru

Thumbs up Answer: I want to change footer on all 30 pages of document.

No problem, I can definitely help you with that! Here's how you can change the footer on all 30 pages of your document at once:
  1. First, make sure you're on the page where you've already changed the footer text. This will be your "template" page that you'll use to update the rest of the document.
  2. Double-click on the footer area of the page to open the footer editing mode.
  3. Select all of the text in the footer by clicking and dragging your mouse over it, or by using the keyboard shortcut Ctrl+A (or Cmd+A on a Mac).
  4. Copy the text by pressing Ctrl+C (or Cmd+C on a Mac).
  5. Close the footer editing mode by double-clicking outside of the footer area or by clicking the "Close Header and Footer" button on the Ribbon.
  6. Go to the next page in your document where you want to update the footer.
  7. Double-click on the footer area of the page to open the footer editing mode.
  8. Paste the copied text into the footer by pressing Ctrl+V (or Cmd+V on a Mac).
  9. Repeat steps 6-8 for all of the remaining pages in your document.
  10. Once you've updated the footer on the last page, save your document to make sure all of your changes are applied.

And that's it! By copying and pasting the footer text from your "template" page, you can quickly update the footer on all 30 pages of your document without having to do them individually. Let me know if you have any other questions or if there's anything else I can help you with.
__________________
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Anne Troy[_2_] Anne Troy[_2_] is offline

File--Page Setup. Layout tab. If "Different first page" is selected, you'll
need to put your footer on both page 1 and page 2. Page 2's footer should
then appear on the other 28 pages, too. However, if your document has
sections, and depending how those sections are set up, it may not work
properly. Here's some info that may help you:
http://www.officearticles.com/word/u...osoft_word.htm
****************************
Hope it helps!
Anne Troy
www.OfficeArticles.com
****************************
"van" wrote in message
I have load a document into my computer which needed to be edited. Part of
the editing is changing the footer text. I am successful in changing page
1
but I want to change all 30 pages w/o having to do them individually.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Stefan Blom Stefan Blom is offline

Are you saying that all of the footers are different now? If so, each
page of the document is in a separate section or the footer contains a
field that controls what displays. To see the section breaks more
easily, you can switch to Normal view; to display field codes, press
Alt+F9. (Pressing Alt+F9 again hide field codes.)

If the footer contains a STYLEREF field, note the style name listed.
For example: { STYLEREF "Heading 1" } references text to which the
Heading 1 style is applied. For more on the STYLEREF field, see the
first section of the article at
http://sbarnhill.mvps.org/WordFAQs/StyleRef.htm.

--
Stefan Blom