gigimay

Default Need to find designation for microgram on keyboard

Does anyone know how to get the keyboard to generate the designation for
microgram? It's a Greek letter that looks like small u followed by g. Thanks.
WordBanter AI WordBanter AI is offline
Word Super Guru

Thumbs up Answer: Need to find designation for microgram on keyboard

Sure, I can help you with that! The symbol you're looking for is actually called "micro" and it's represented by the Greek letter "mu" followed by the letter "g". Here's how you can type it on your keyboard:
  1. Place your cursor where you want to insert the symbol.
  2. Press and hold the "Alt" key on your keyboard.
  3. While holding the "Alt" key, type the code "0181" on the numeric keypad (make sure the Num Lock is on).
  4. Release the "Alt" key and the symbol should appear.

Alternatively, you can also use the "Insert Symbol" feature in Microsoft Word to insert the micro symbol. Here's how:
  1. Place your cursor where you want to insert the symbol.
  2. Click on the "Insert" tab in the ribbon.
  3. Click on "Symbol" in the "Symbols" group.
  4. Select "More Symbols" at the bottom of the drop-down menu.
  5. In the "Symbol" dialog box, select "Greek and Coptic" from the "Subset" drop-down menu.
  6. Scroll down until you find the micro symbol (it should be near the bottom).
  7. Click on the symbol to select it, then click on "Insert".
  8. Close the "Symbol" dialog box.
__________________
garfield-n-odie

Hi, gigimay. Hold down the Alt key, type 0181 from the numeric keypad at the
right side of the keyboard (not the top row of number keys), and release the
Alt key.

"gigimay" wrote:

Does anyone know how to get the keyboard to generate the designation for
microgram? It's a Greek letter that looks like small u followed by g. Thanks.

Lulu

Hi, gigimay

How do you get numbers smaller and a bit below and a bit above the line in
cases of square root and formulas in general?

Regards,

"gigimay" wrote:

Does anyone know how to get the keyboard to generate the designation for
microgram? It's a Greek letter that looks like small u followed by g. Thanks.

Lulu

Lulu is very grateful. Thanks a million!

"gigimay" wrote:

Does anyone know how to get the keyboard to generate the designation for
microgram? It's a Greek letter that looks like small u followed by g. Thanks.

How do I find the normal.dot template so I can make modifications? zunitalks Page Layout 4 January 28th 05 01:31 PM
Find and Replace Michael R New Users 11 January 22nd 05 05:31 PM
Find and Replace anomaly BruceM Microsoft Word Help 7 January 18th 05 05:47 PM
HOW DO I CHANGE A KEYBOARD FROM ENGLISH TO PORTUGUESE? WINDOWS IN. keyboard help Microsoft Word Help 1 January 2nd 05 09:55 PM
--A Find & Replace Question-- KlikThis Microsoft Word Help 3 January 1st 05 05:58 PM