Posted to microsoft.public.word.formatting.longdocs
Bret Snipes Bret Snipes is offline

Default Problems with a form

Problem 1 I created a Form document that I send people to fill out. The
form was created in Word2003. In Word 2007 I am unable to protect the form.
The "yes, start enforcing protection" is grayed out.

Problem 2 I need to create a different footer on the last page of the
form, the "link to previous" is grayed out.

Help will be greatly appreciated

Bret

Posted to microsoft.public.word.formatting.longdocs

First you have to check the box under 2. Editing restrictions and then
select the type of protection, which would be "Filling in forms" that you
want to apply. After doing that, the "Yes, Start Enforcing Protection" but
will be enabled.

The link to previous would only be enabled if there was more than one
Section to your document.

How different do you want the last page footer to be. You may be able to do
it with a field construction

{ IF { PAGE } = { NUMPAGES } "Text for Last Page" "Text for other Pages" }

You must use Ctrl+F9 to insert the field delimiters { } and Alt+F9 to toggle
off their display.

--
Hope this helps.

services on a paid consulting basis.

Doug Robbins - Word MVP

"Bret Snipes" wrote in message
Problem 1 I created a Form document that I send people to fill out.
The form was created in Word2003. In Word 2007 I am unable to protect the
form. The "yes, start enforcing protection" is grayed out.

Problem 2 I need to create a different footer on the last page of the
form, the "link to previous" is grayed out.

Help will be greatly appreciated

Bret

Form field problems Doug Microsoft Word Help 1 April 12th 07 07:40 PM
Form Protection Problems Zakhary Microsoft Word Help 5 October 31st 06 04:26 AM
Problems making the text fields and checkboxes function in a form using a table structure Triplecee Tables 4 August 13th 06 08:19 PM
Form Field Problems Doug_C Tables 1 September 9th 05 04:56 PM
Emailing a form problems CCT Microsoft Word Help 0 August 2nd 05 10:00 PM