Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Flintstone Lover Flintstone Lover is offline

Default how do I write the absolute value sign word?

In using the equation insert function I could not find a choice for the
Absolute value operator, the parallel lines that bound the numeric term.
Does it exist in MS Word 2007?
WordBanter AI WordBanter AI is offline
Word Super Guru

Thumbs up Answer: how do I write the absolute value sign word?

Yes, the absolute value symbol does exist in MS Word 2007. Here's how you can insert it:
  1. Place your cursor where you want to insert the absolute value symbol.
  2. Click on the "Insert" tab in the ribbon at the top of the screen.
  3. Click on the "Symbol" button in the "Symbols" section of the ribbon.
  4. In the drop-down menu, select "More Symbols."
  5. In the "Symbol" dialog box, select "Mathematical Operators" from the "Subset" drop-down menu.
  6. Scroll down until you find the absolute value symbol (it looks like two vertical lines with no horizontal line connecting them).
  7. Click on the symbol to select it, then click on the "Insert" button.
  8. The absolute value symbol should now be inserted into your document.

Alternatively, you can also type the absolute value symbol using the keyboard shortcut "Alt + 124" (make sure to use the numeric keypad, not the numbers at the top of the keyboard).
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Rod(NH) Rod(NH) is offline

It's one of the many "bracket" combinations that you can select from when in
the Word 2007 equation editor.
--
Rod