Posted to microsoft.public.word,microsoft.public.word.formatting.longdocs,microsoft.public.word.general
Mister Softie Mister Softie is offline

Default Cursor Movement with Control Arrows: But Not Stopping at Unwanted Characters like Parentheses

Is there any way to do this in MS Word. We use control arrows to move
from one word to another. But Word, unlike WordPerfect, lets the
cursor stop on characters like parentheses, quotes, and other special
characters. Is there any way to turn off Word's default cursor
movement setting, so that you are moving from one word to another?
Thanks.
Posted to microsoft.public.word,microsoft.public.word.formatting.longdocs,microsoft.public.word.general
Mister Softie Mister Softie is offline

Default Copying Entire Formatting to Another Paragraph?

Is there an equivalent function as in MS Excel, where you can paste
the entire formatting content of the particular paragraph to another
paragraph? I'm sure there is. Am trying to copy the content, not the
text, of the paragraph which is heavily edited to another paragraph.

Posted to microsoft.public.word,microsoft.public.word.formatting.longdocs,microsoft.public.word.general
PeterMcC PeterMcC is offline

Is there an equivalent function as in MS Excel, where you can paste
the entire formatting content of the particular paragraph to another
paragraph? I'm sure there is. Am trying to copy the content, not the
text, of the paragraph which is heavily edited to another paragraph.

I may have misunderstood the problem but have you tried the "Format Painter"
in the standard toolbar?

--
PeterMcC
inappropriate or offensive in any way,

Posted to microsoft.public.word,microsoft.public.word.formatting.longdocs,microsoft.public.word.general
CyberTaz CyberTaz is offline

You really need to provide a far more accurate description of what you are
wanting to do as well as which version of Word you're using to do it:-)

It depends on what you are actually trying to apply in the second paragraph,
but the best way to achieve consistent formatting in Word is through the use
of Styles. You'll find some information on Styles in Word Help, but some of
the clearest & easiest to understand is presented he

http://www.shaunakelly.com/word/

HTH |:)
Bob Jones
[MVP] Office:Mac