Posted to microsoft.public.word.formatting.longdocs
Joel Parker Joel Parker is offline

Default Word 2007 books

I'm looking for a good book on Word 2007 that would help me learn how to
use it efficiently. I'm pretty comfortable with word processors (been
using them for a long time), and I'll be starting on a thesis pretty soon,
so I'm looking for something that will cover the long-document problem.

Any suggestions?

- Joel
Posted to microsoft.public.word.formatting.longdocs
Cleveland Thornton Cleveland Thornton is offline

I happen to have purchased several Word 2007 books lately. If I had to pick
just one, I think it would be "Using Microsoft Office word 2007, Special
Edition" by Faithe Wempen from Que publishing (ISB 0-78973608-x) I would
also ask if your school has a template that they use for their thesis
publications.

Cleveland Thornton

"Joel Parker" wrote in message
news
I'm looking for a good book on Word 2007 that would help me learn how to
use it efficiently. I'm pretty comfortable with word processors (been
using them for a long time), and I'll be starting on a thesis pretty soon,
so I'm looking for something that will cover the long-document problem.

Any suggestions?

- Joel

Posted to microsoft.public.word.formatting.longdocs

See the following information prepared by fellow MVP Daiya Mitchell:
http://daiya.mvps.org/bookword.htm

--
Hope this helps.

services on a paid consulting basis.

Doug Robbins - Word MVP

"Joel Parker" wrote in message
news
I'm looking for a good book on Word 2007 that would help me learn how to
use it efficiently. I'm pretty comfortable with word processors (been
using them for a long time), and I'll be starting on a thesis pretty soon,
so I'm looking for something that will cover the long-document problem.

Any suggestions?

- Joel

Posted to microsoft.public.word.formatting.longdocs
Joel Parker Joel Parker is offline

Thanks for the tip.

Have you looked at "Word 2007 Inside & Out" from Microsoft Press? I would
also consider that one, though Amazon doesn't show its table of contents.
Does it also talk about long-document problems like "Using..." does?

- Joel

On Thu, 30 Aug 2007 14:09:57 -0400, Cleveland Thornton wrote:

I happen to have purchased several Word 2007 books lately. If I had to pick
just one, I think it would be "Using Microsoft Office word 2007, Special
Edition" by Faithe Wempen from Que publishing (ISB 0-78973608-x) I would
also ask if your school has a template that they use for their thesis
publications.

Cleveland Thornton

"Joel Parker" wrote in message
news
I'm looking for a good book on Word 2007 that would help me learn how to
use it efficiently. I'm pretty comfortable with word processors (been
using them for a long time), and I'll be starting on a thesis pretty soon,
so I'm looking for something that will cover the long-document problem.

Any suggestions?

- Joel

Posted to microsoft.public.word.formatting.longdocs
Cleveland Thornton Cleveland Thornton is offline

The Wempen book covers long document issues extensively, over 100 pages. I
don't know about the "inside and out" book, but the Word 2007 step by step
is more of a follow the lessons on the enclosed cd.

[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.word.formatting.longdocs

This website guides you to thesis issues--but it was largely compiled
pre-Word 2007. So it might give you a good sense of the basic approach
and some things you will run into, but the actual menu commands will
have changed. The general principles, however, of styles, templates,
cross-references, etc, should still apply, so it may be useful to browse.