Posted to microsoft.public.word.formatting.longdocs
Roland Krystian Alberciak Roland Krystian Alberciak is offline

Default Detect when word is "busy" or "not busy" when loading long documents...

Hello,

I'm looking for a property called readyState [1], but I can only find it for
IE browser objects. I'm unsuccessful in locating something like this for
Word objects.

Why: I'm trying to detect when, within powerpoint, the "Send To Microsoft
Word" process is done.

I posted to this newsgroup to see if perhaps you guys would know anything
about this, since when long documents are loaded maybe it would be
necessary to detect when loading such a long document is completed.

-Krystian.

[1] http://msdn2.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ms534359.aspx

Posted to microsoft.public.word.formatting.longdocs
macropod macropod is offline

Hi Roland,

I don't think you can do that directly. However, If you set your code up to read something from the end of the opened file, that
should be enough to tell you it's finished loading.

Cheers
--
macropod
[MVP - Microsoft Word]