Posted to microsoft.public.word.formatting.longdocs
ilyaz ilyaz is offline

Default Index for a long doc

I have a 150 pages document designed and saved in MS Word 2002. I'd like to
create an Index for this document and have no problem in doing so. However,
after all Field Codes (about 400) are entered, the page count increases to
152 and number of the entries "move forward" and show wrong page number (for
example, an entry is actually on page 148, but in Index it is shown on page
149).
Is there a way around? How to create an accurate Index in a long document?
Your suggestions will be appreciated.

--
Ilya Zeldes
Fort Myers, Florida

Posted to microsoft.public.word.formatting.longdocs

In Word, click on Tools | Options | View tab | uncheck the boxes for
"All", "Field codes", and "Hidden text" | Print tab | uncheck the boxes
for "Field codes" and "Hidden text" | OK. Then click somewhere in your
index and press F9 to update it.

ilyaz wrote:

I have a 150 pages document designed and saved in MS Word 2002. I'd like to
create an Index for this document and have no problem in doing so. However,
after all Field Codes (about 400) are entered, the page count increases to
152 and number of the entries "move forward" and show wrong page number (for
example, an entry is actually on page 148, but in Index it is shown on page
149).
Is there a way around? How to create an accurate Index in a long document?
Your suggestions will be appreciated.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.formatting.longdocs
ilyaz ilyaz is offline

Thanks, garfield-n-odie , works fine! Boy, I wish I've asked a few days
before... I'd had less headache...
Thanks again!
Ilya

"garfield-n-odie [MVP]" wrote in