Posted to microsoft.public.word.formatting.longdocs
Chip Orange Chip Orange is offline

Default tracked changes, and docs going from Word xp to Word 2003????

We're in the midst of upgrading our agency from Word XP to Word 2003.

We've found some evidence on the net that docs with tracked changes, created
with Word XP and then moved to Word 2003, often become corrupt.

Does anyone have any evidence or opinions on this?

Thanks.

Chip

Posted to microsoft.public.word.formatting.longdocs
Shauna Kelly Shauna Kelly is offline

Hi Chip

For what it's worth, I had no problems with documents with tracked changes
moving from XP to 2003.

Hope this helps.

Shauna Kelly. Microsoft MVP.
http://www.shaunakelly.com/word

"Chip Orange" wrote in message
We're in the midst of upgrading our agency from Word XP to Word 2003.

We've found some evidence on the net that docs with tracked changes,
created with Word XP and then moved to Word 2003, often become corrupt.

Does anyone have any evidence or opinions on this?

Thanks.

Chip

Posted to microsoft.public.word.formatting.longdocs
Chip Orange Chip Orange is offline

Thank you; that was my guess, as I couldn't find any patches mentioning this
either, but I had to check it out.

Chip