Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement,microsoft.public.word.formatting.longdocs,microsoft.public.word.newusers,microsoft.public.word.vba.general
Raymond[_2_] Raymond[_2_] is offline

Default Extracting Form Field Data from Multiple Word Files...

Hello,

I've distributed a form protected for fields and several of these will
return to me each day. I have about 20 fields with bookmarks in the form and
would like to extract the data from these files in a batch process to an
Access table.

I also have tried the code found at
http://gregmaxey.mvps.org/Extract_Form_Data.htm, but I get an error right
from the start with:
Dim vConnection As New ADODB.Connection

???

I hope someone can help me build this solution. I really don't know VBA. It
feels like I'm learning it the hard way...

Thanks!

Raymond

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement,microsoft.public.word.formatting.longdocs,microsoft.public.word.newusers,microsoft.public.word.vba.general
Graham Mayor Graham Mayor is offline

You apparently missed the information line immediately above

'Requires reference to MS ActiveX Data Objects 2.8 Library

From the VBA editor tools references - tick the check box against
Microsoft ActiveX Data Objects 2.8 Library
There's no 'easy' way to learn vba

Raymond wrote:
Hello,

I've distributed a form protected for fields and several of these will
return to me each day. I have about 20 fields with bookmarks in the
form and would like to extract the data from these files in a batch
process to an Access table.

I also have tried the code found at
http://gregmaxey.mvps.org/Extract_Form_Data.htm, but I get an error
right from the start with:
Dim vConnection As New ADODB.Connection

???

I hope someone can help me build this solution. I really don't know
VBA. It feels like I'm learning it the hard way...

Thanks!

Raymond

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement,microsoft.public.word.formatting.longdocs,microsoft.public.word.newusers,microsoft.public.word.vba.general
Raymond[_2_] Raymond[_2_] is offline

This, and a few more tweeks, got it goin' for me!

Thank you very much!

Raymond

"Graham Mayor" wrote in message
You apparently missed the information line immediately above

'Requires reference to MS ActiveX Data Objects 2.8 Library

From the VBA editor tools references - tick the check box against