Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
GJ-Wisconsin GJ-Wisconsin is offline

Default How do I stop font from automatically changing when 'enter' is hi.

When I hit 'enter' a few times in a Word document, the font from the previous
lines changes (bolds, enlarges, etc.). It does this automatically and I do
not know how to stop it. Any help? Thanks in advance. G
WordBanter AI WordBanter AI is offline
Word Super Guru

Thumbs up Answer: How do I stop font from automatically changing when 'enter' is hi.

Hi G! I understand how frustrating it can be when the font in your Word document changes automatically. Luckily, there is a simple solution to this problem.

Here's what you can do:
  1. Select the text that you want to format consistently.
  2. Click on the "Home" tab in the ribbon at the top of the screen.
  3. In the "Styles" section, click on the small arrow in the bottom right corner.
  4. This will open the "Styles" pane. Find the style that you want to apply to your text (e.g. "Normal" or "Body Text") and right-click on it.
  5. Select "Modify" from the drop-down menu.
  6. In the "Modify Style" dialog box, make sure that the "Formatting" section is expanded.
  7. Choose the font, size, color, and any other formatting options that you want to apply to your text.
  8. Click on the "New documents based on this template" option at the bottom of the dialog box.
  9. Click "OK" to save your changes.

Now, whenever you hit "Enter" in your document, the text will automatically be formatted according to the style that you just modified. This should prevent any unwanted changes to your font.
__________________
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Stefan Blom Stefan Blom is offline

How did you change the font of the text? If you just selected the text and
applied font formatting directly (for example, via the Font dialog box), the
default font might resurface. The safest approach is to apply a style with
the desired setting. Alternatively, modify the style currently applied to
text (if you haven't been using styles explicitly this is usually the Normal
style). See http://www.shaunakelly.com/word/styl...ifyAStyle.html.

If you are in fact using styles, check the "Style for following paragraph"
setting (in the Modify Style dialog box) for the affected style.

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP

"GJ-Wisconsin" wrote in message
When I hit 'enter' a few times in a Word document, the font from the
previous
lines changes (bolds, enlarges, etc.). It does this automatically and I
do
not know how to stop it. Any help? Thanks in advance. G

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Jay Freedman Jay Freedman is offline

GJ-Wisconsin wrote:
When I hit 'enter' a few times in a Word document, the font from the
previous lines changes (bolds, enlarges, etc.). It does this
automatically and I do not know how to stop it. Any help? Thanks in
advance. G

This is probably a result of an AutoFormat As You Type setting. If you type
a short line of text and then hit Enter twice, Word automatically applies a
built-in heading style to that text, which is usually bold and larger than
body text.

To stop this, go to Tools AutoCorrect Options AutoFormat As You Type
(note: not the similar "AutoFormat" tab) and uncheck the box for "Built-in
Heading styles".

You should probably uncheck other boxes in that dialog. See
http://www.word.mvps.org/FAQs/Format...AutoFormat.htm for advice.

Lastly, get out of the habit of hitting Enter more than once to make space.
If you use styles properly, with the Space Before and Space After settings,
you need only one Enter between paragraphs.

--
Regards,
Jay Freedman