Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
gil gil is offline

Default how to convert field text to normal text?

Hi All, .
How does one make selected field information that's been inserted into a document become ordinary text? For example, I'd like to
programmatically use and modify the FILENAME after its insertion for purposes other than changing the name of the file.

tia
Gil Carter
Ten Second Medical Record

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Stefan Blom Stefan Blom is offline

You can unlink the field(s) in the selection by pressing Ctrl+Shift+F9.

If you are saying that you want to use VBA to work with the field result,
you had better enclose the field in a bookmark before unlinking it. Then you
can access the contents of the bookmark via a macro. (Dependning on what you
want to accomplish, there might be a better approach, though.)

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP

"gil" wrote in message ...
Hi All, .
How does one make selected field information that's been inserted into a
document become ordinary text? For example, I'd like to programmatically
use and modify the FILENAME after its insertion for purposes other than
changing the name of the file.

tia
Gil Carter
Ten Second Medical Record

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
gil gil is offline

Thanks Stefan,
I'll give her a go.

Gil

"gil" wrote in message ...
Hi All, .
How does one make selected field information that's been inserted into a
document become ordinary text? For example, I'd like to programmatically
use and modify the FILENAME after its insertion for purposes other than
changing the name of the file.

tia
Gil Carter
Ten Second Medical Record