Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Bindy Bindy is offline

Default tab set not working

We can't set tabs where we want them using the ruler in MSWord 2003. We are
experienced users and know all about different kinds of tabs and how to do
this, but all of a sudden the program is automatically inserting tabs in the
(approx.) 4.25" place or at the beginning, but not in any other places on the
ruler bar that we select. It must be some sort of autoformatting option or a
style that's being applied, but we can't fix it. Please help!
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

You should be able to set a tab where you want it by selecting a
paragraph and clicking on Format | Tabs | Tab stop position:
type a number here, like 0.5" or 1" | Set.

What if you use all your experience to hold down the Alt key
while clicking on the ruler? If this method also works, then you
might try changing the grid interval on the Drawing toolbar.