Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Newbie

Default Can't delete

I am facing a strange problem.
I had copied a passage from net in word.
Generally I can always edit the page as per my requirements.
But in this case whenever I try to erase I cannot erase.
Whenever I try to erase instead of erasing, word simply strikes out the
sentence or line in red color.
Anything that I try to add also comes in red.
Knowingly I have not made any changes.
My other documents are working perfectly.
Kindly help me to get out of this predicament.
Thanks.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Jay Freedman

You've accidentally turned on the Track Changes feature, probably by
pressing Ctrl+Shift+E when you meant to press something else.

First turn off Track changes by pressing Ctrl+Shift+E again. (In the
status bar at the bottom of the screen, the letters TRK should go from
black to gray.)

Then locate the Accept Change button on the Reviewing toolbar. Click
the down arrow on its right side and select Accept All Changes in
Document. That will convert all the changes you've already made into
regular text.

For future reference, see
http://www.shaunakelly.com/word/trac...ngesWorks.html.

--
Regards,
Jay Freedman

On Tue, 20 Jun 2006 06:31:30 +0530, "Newbie" wrote:

I am facing a strange problem.
I had copied a passage from net in word.
Generally I can always edit the page as per my requirements.
But in this case whenever I try to erase I cannot erase.
Whenever I try to erase instead of erasing, word simply strikes out the
sentence or line in red color.
Anything that I try to add also comes in red.
Knowingly I have not made any changes.
My other documents are working perfectly.
Kindly help me to get out of this predicament.
Thanks.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Newbie

Thanks Jay,
As you said TRK is highlighted in Status Bar.
But surprisingly I cant turn it off as you said. I can do it in my other
documents, but cant do it in this document.
I can turn on and off REC and EXT in Status Bar but cant do anything with
OVR in this document.
It seems as though these button has been locked.
Any Idea why I cannot change the TRK feature.
Regards.

"Jay Freedman" wrote in message
[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Jay Freedman

No, I've never seen TRK or OVR become locked. I suspect the document
file is damaged in some way. Try to recover with the steps in
http://www.word.mvps.org/FAQs/AppErrors/CorruptDoc.htm.

--

On Tue, 20 Jun 2006 10:34:14 +0530, "Newbie" wrote:

Thanks Jay,
As you said TRK is highlighted in Status Bar.
But surprisingly I cant turn it off as you said. I can do it in my other
documents, but cant do it in this document.
I can turn on and off REC and EXT in Status Bar but cant do anything with
OVR in this document.
It seems as though these button has been locked.
Any Idea why I cannot change the TRK feature.
Regards.

"Jay Freedman" wrote in message
.. .
[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Newbie

What I did was to copy the document and then deleting the old one.
Its fine now.
But I am still puzzled about he loxking of TRK & OVR.
[...]

. ..