Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
MattG

Default Open word without a blank document

Hi all,

Due to the very odd IT system we have at work we output from a database
into a word doc. Now, it's all set up to launch word automatically, but
each time you need to close the blank document that opens when word is
started.

Is there anyway to disable this? The database simply calls on the word
shortcut, so if there is a suffix that will achieve it, I can add it
there.

Any suggestions?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
garfield-n-odie [MVP]

Add a /n switch to the end of the Word shortcut. There should be
a space between winword.exe and /n.

MattG wrote:

Hi all,

Due to the very odd IT system we have at work we output from a database
into a word doc. Now, it's all set up to launch word automatically, but
each time you need to close the blank document that opens when word is
started.

Is there anyway to disable this? The database simply calls on the word
shortcut, so if there is a suffix that will achieve it, I can add it
there.

Any suggestions?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
MattG

Suzanne S. Barnhill wrote:

If you add the \n switch to the file path of the shortcut used to
start Word, it will start without a blank document.

Thanks people, fast and efficient - much appreciated