Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
Martin Stuart Smith Martin Stuart Smith is offline

Default e-mail merge with attached file

I need to send out an e-mail merge with an attached file. I can do the e-mail
merge no problem, but cannot work out how to attach the same file to each
e-mail withput doing it manually. Can anyone help?
--
Martin Stuart Smith
Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields

You can't do this "out of the box", but...
a. you can try Doug Robbins' macro approach at

http://word.mvps.org/FAQs/MailMerge/...ttachments.htm

b. according to MVP Graham Mayor, a regular contributor in this group,
you may be able to use the pay-for MapiLabs Mailmerge toolkit add-in for
Outlook - see

http://www.mapilab.com/outlook/mail_merge/

Peter Jamieson

http://tips.pjmsn.me.uk

Martin Stuart Smith wrote:
I need to send out an e-mail merge with an attached file. I can do the e-mail
merge no problem, but cannot work out how to attach the same file to each
e-mail withput doing it manually. Can anyone help?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
Martin Stuart Smith Martin Stuart Smith is offline

Hello Peter!

Thanks for your help last week. I trialled the MAPI Mail merge toolkit which
worked well so I bought it. (I sent e-mail with attachments to over 100
people)

I need your help again as the fully fledged version I bought is not working!
I've installed it and registered it OK, but when I try to run it, I get to
the mail merge final step and get the following error message: "Fatal error!
Mailmerge Tool Kit add-in is not loaded in Microsoft Outlook Error vode: hr =
80004005"

I've sent MAPI 2 e-mails to ask for a solution and they haven't replied
after more than 24 hrs.

I just wondered whether you might have a solution, or know someone at MAPI
who can help. I'm desperate to get the e-mails out ASAP and can't find any
way of trying to speed the response from MAPI

Hope you don't mind me asking.

Martin S Smith

--
Martin Stuart Smith

"Martin Stuart Smith" wrote:

I need to send out an e-mail merge with an attached file. I can do the e-mail
merge no problem, but cannot work out how to attach the same file to each
e-mail withput doing it manually. Can anyone help?
--
Martin Stuart Smith

Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields

I rarely suggest third party software in here, and this is a perfect
example of why not :-(

I don't know anyone at MAPILabs - looking around their support pages,
they claim to reply in 48 hours, which may be too late for you. I guess
you could always "prod" via their fax number.

As for the problem itself, I don't have any good suggestions, but
a. 80004005 seems to be caused by a number of things, but seems often
to be related to a permissions issue. I suppose if I were using
Outlook+Exchange server, I might try to do stuff like ensure my COntacts
were in a local folder - that kind of thing.
b. If you haven't yet had a good look around Outlook Tools-Trust
Center-Add-ins, that would probably be my starting point. You may also
be able to get some info. from the Windows Event log.

Peter Jamieson

http://tips.pjmsn.me.uk

Martin Stuart Smith wrote:
[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
Rose Rose is offline

Hi Peter,
I aslo encounter same error with Martin could help us on this issue??? when
i read you instruction Outlook-Trust Center-Add-ins because in my outlook
cannot see the Trust Center... please help on this

Looking forward your help soon.Thank you.

Rose

Martin Stuart Smith wrote:
[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields

Unfortunately, this is something that you will have to take up with
MAPILABS.

As an alternative, see the article "Mail Merge to E-mail with Attachments"
at
http://word.mvps.org/FAQs/MailMerge/...ttachments.htm

--
Hope this helps.

services on a paid consulting basis.

Martin Stuart Smith wrote:
[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
Judy S Judy S is offline

Hi Martin

Im having the exact same problem with Mail Merge Toolkit. I emailed MM
helpdesk and got one reply, to check Com add-ins in
Outlook\Tools\options\other\advanced\Com addins. The MM addin was there. They
havent gotten back to me yet with any other suggestions. Did you ever get
your to work?? If so, what was the solution??

thanks
Judy

"Martin Stuart Smith" wrote:

I need to send out an e-mail merge with an attached file. I can do the e-mail
merge no problem, but cannot work out how to attach the same file to each
e-mail withput doing it manually. Can anyone help?
--
Martin Stuart Smith

Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
Judy S[_2_] Judy S[_2_] is offline

Hi Doug

This is the first time Ive ever posted! Sorry if I hit the wrong reply.
Thanks for the information! I need something that is easy for end users and
can purchse MM toolkit. Ive gotten Mail Merge Tookit to work nicely on
several PC's but on two of them I get to the mail merge final step and get
the following error message: "Fatal error! Mailmerge Tool Kit add-in is not
loaded in Microsoft Outlook Error vode: hr =
80004005"

Wondering if anyone found the fix for this?

thanks
Judy

"Martin Stuart Smith" wrote:

I need to send out an e-mail merge with an attached file. I can do the
e-mail
merge no problem, but cannot work out how to attach the same file to
each
e-mail withput doing it manually. Can anyone help?
--
Martin Stuart Smith

Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
Rick Rick is offline

Hi, I have Ooutlook 2007, and had the same problem. The problem is that the
MapiLab Mail Merge Kit is under "Disabled Applications". You have to
activate it by going to Tools/Trust Center. Move it to "Active
Applications". I don't know what I did, but I was somehow able to move it to
"Active" and now the mail merge application works. Hope this helps.

"Martin Stuart Smith" wrote:

I need to send out an e-mail merge with an attached file. I can do the e-mail
merge no problem, but cannot work out how to attach the same file to each
e-mail withput doing it manually. Can anyone help?
--
Martin Stuart Smith

Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields

Really useful feedback, thanks!