Dustin Deck

Default Putting Appendix after References (Endnotes)

I used endnotes for references, but when i went to put an Appendix after it,
it would let me. Also it puts this line that is a couple inches long above
the first entry and i can't delete it.

how can i get something after the endnotes?

PS a seperate document isn't an option, and i already have all my references
typed out so i don't want to lose them (if i need to cut and paste, ok).

In the Insert | Endnote dialog.

"Dustin Deck" wrote in message
I not quite sure how to go about your suggestion. Where do I tell the
endnotes to "come at the end of the section"

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote in message
You need to set the endnotes to come at the end of the section and then,

for
every section before the one where you want them, check the box for
"Suppress endnotes" on the Layout tab of Page Setup.

newsgroup
so
all may benefit.

"Dustin Deck" wrote in message
I used endnotes for references, but when i went to put an Appendix

after
it,
it would let me. Also it puts this line that is a couple inches long

above
the first entry and i can't delete it.

how can i get something after the endnotes?

PS a seperate document isn't an option, and i already have all my

references
typed out so i don't want to lose them (if i need to cut and paste,

ok).

Daiya Mitchell

On 3/25/05 8:55 AM, "Dustin Deck" wrote:

I used endnotes for references, but when i went to put an Appendix after it,
it would let me. Also it puts this line that is a couple inches long above
the first entry and i can't delete it.

Suzanne answered your other question. To get rid of the line:
Switch into Normal View and go to View | Footnotes. An endnote pane will
open up at the bottom. Use the dropdown menu at the top of the pane to
access the Endnote Separator and Endnote Continuation Separator and delete
them.

--
Daiya Mitchell, MVP Mac/Word
Word FAQ: http://www.word.mvps.org/

Dustin

Thanks, I got it working.

But I need to do 1 more thing. I have:

Appendix A: This is the first appendix

And I can get this to show in my TOC. But What I need is for the Figures to
be number "Figure A.1","Figure A.2", and same with tables. How do i set this
up?