Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Ron Rosenfeld Ron Rosenfeld is offline

Default Format Inserted Excel Table

I have inserted an Excel spreadsheet as a table into a Word 2007 document
(saved as .docx) using the Insert/Table menu.

I would like to remove the gridlines.

How does one do this?

In Excel, there is an option to not show these; there is also the possibility
of formatting the cell borders to be white. But neither of these seems to
work. I cannot locate an option to turn off gridlines. And when I try to set
a cell border color to white, it returns to automatic.

Thanks.
--ron
Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Ron Rosenfeld Ron Rosenfeld is offline

On Thu, 14 Jan 2010 09:08:16 -0500, Ron Rosenfeld
wrote:

I have inserted an Excel spreadsheet as a table into a Word 2007 document
(saved as .docx) using the Insert/Table menu.

I would like to remove the gridlines.

How does one do this?

In Excel, there is an option to not show these; there is also the possibility
of formatting the cell borders to be white. But neither of these seems to
work. I cannot locate an option to turn off gridlines. And when I try to set
a cell border color to white, it returns to automatic.

Thanks.
--ron

OK, never mind. Although the gridlines show on Print Preview, they do not show
on the actual printout.
--ron
Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Terry Farrell Terry Farrell is offline

Either you have Gridlines enable (View ribbon) or View Boundaries enabled in
Word Options.

--
Terry Farrell - MSWord MVP

wrote:

I have inserted an Excel spreadsheet as a table into a Word 2007 document
(saved as .docx) using the Insert/Table menu.

I would like to remove the gridlines.

How does one do this?

In Excel, there is an option to not show these; there is also the
possibility
of formatting the cell borders to be white. But neither of these seems to
work. I cannot locate an option to turn off gridlines. And when I try to
set
a cell border color to white, it returns to automatic.

Thanks.
--ron

OK, never mind. Although the gridlines show on Print Preview, they do not
show
on the actual printout.
--ron

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Ron Rosenfeld Ron Rosenfeld is offline

On Fri, 15 Jan 2010 09:46:17 -0000, "Terry Farrell"
wrote:

Either you have Gridlines enable (View ribbon) or View Boundaries enabled in
Word Options.

--
Terry Farrell - MSWord MVP

Terry,

Thanks for the reply.

On the Ribbon View menu, nothing is selected. (i.e. Gridlines is deselected).

Under Word Options, I do not see a View Boundaries selection. Under
Advanced/Show Document Content there is an option for "show text boundaries",
but that is as close as I could find (and that is/was De-selected).

As I wrote, the gridlines show on the various views of the document, and on the
Print Preview, but not in the actual printout (or on a PDF file generated from
the document using the Save As command).

Any other suggestions for me to get a WYSIWYG view?
--ron
Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers

On the contextual Table Tools | Layout tab, turn off View Gridlines (in the
Table group at the far left).

http://word.mvps.org

wrote:

[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Ron Rosenfeld Ron Rosenfeld is offline

On Fri, 15 Jan 2010 09:32:40 -0600, "Suzanne S. Barnhill"
wrote:

On the contextual Table Tools | Layout tab, turn off View Gridlines (in the
Table group at the far left).

http://word.mvps.org

Thank you for the suggestion.

Although Table Tools/Layout tab appears when I select a normal "table", it does
not appear when the table was created by using the
Insert/Table/Excel*Spreadsheet method.

--ron