Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Wendy[_2_] Wendy[_2_] is offline

Default sending attachments in rich text format

Can anybody tell me how I send an attachment with an e-mail from within
Microsoft Office 2007 in rich text format please

Wendy

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Graham Mayor Graham Mayor is offline

You can either save the document as RTF then attach it to an e-mail message
or you could use the following macro to send it as an attachment with
Outlook. http://www.gmayor.com/installing_macro.htm. If you use the macro,
you must set a reference to the Outlook object library in the vba editor,
tools references.

Sub Send_As_Mail_Attachment()

' send the document as an attachment _
in an Outlook Email message
Dim bStarted As Boolean
Dim oOutlookApp As Outlook.Application
Dim oItem As Outlook.MailItem
Dim sFname, sSubject, sAsk As String
sFname = InputBox("Enter filename in the format 'Filename.rtf'")
If sFname = "" Then Exit Sub
Subject:
sSubject = InputBox("Enter the subject for the message")
If sSubject = "" Then
sAsk = MsgBox("Messages without a subject may be considered spam" & vbCr
& _
"Do you wish to enter a subject for this message?", vbYesNoCancel, "No
Subject")
If sAsk = vbNo Then GoTo Subject
If sAsk = vbCancel Then Exit Sub
End If

On Error Resume Next

'Prompt the user to save the document
ActiveDocument.SaveAs sFname, wdFormatRTF

'Get Outlook if it's running
Set oOutlookApp = GetObject(, "Outlook.Application")

'Outlook wasn't running, start it from code
If Err 0 Then
Set oOutlookApp = CreateObject("Outlook.Application")
bStarted = True
End If

'Create a new mailitem
Set oItem = oOutlookApp.CreateItem(olMailItem)

With oItem
.To = "
'Set the recipient for a copy
.BCC = "
.Subject = "This is the subject"
'Add the document as an attachment, you can use the _
.displayname property
'to set the description that's used in the message
.Attachments.Add Source:=ActiveDocument.FullName, _
Type:=olByValue, DisplayName:="Document as attachment"
.Display
End With

'Clean up
Set oItem = Nothing
Set oOutlookApp = Nothing
End Sub

"Wendy" wrote in message
Can anybody tell me how I send an attachment with an e-mail from within
Microsoft Office 2007 in rich text format please

Wendy

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Wendy[_2_] Wendy[_2_] is offline

"Graham Mayor" wrote in message
You can either save the document as RTF then attach it to an e-mail
message

I do not use Outlook so could you show me how I save the document as RTF
first before I attach it to an e-mail?

I would really appreciate this.

Thank you

Wendy

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Wendy[_3_] Wendy[_3_] is offline

"Graham Mayor" wrote in message

Save as RTF is one of the standard SaveAs file types available from the
Word save dialog.

Gotcha! Thank you Graham :-)

Wendy