Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
Chad Chad is offline

Default How do I remove highlighting from merge field?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields

If you execute the merge, there are no fields in the result and hence no
highlighting. It sounds like you are just previewing the result of the
merge.

However, you can turn off the highlighting via ToolsOptoins in Word 2003
and earlier or Office ButtonWord OptionsAdvanced in Word 2007

--
Hope this helps.

services on a paid consulting basis.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
Chad Chad is offline

Thanks, Doug. I have scoured the options on the Advenced tab, but I do not
see aanything about merge fields and how to take off the highlighting. I'm so
frustrated.

"Doug Robbins - Word MVP" wrote:

If you execute the merge, there are no fields in the result and hence no
highlighting. It sounds like you are just previewing the result of the
merge.

However, you can turn off the highlighting via ToolsOptoins in Word 2003
and earlier or Office ButtonWord OptionsAdvanced in Word 2007

--
Hope this helps.

services on a paid consulting basis.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields

Under the Advanced section of the Word Options dialog, go to the "Show
document content" group and set the Field shading to either Never or When
selected.

That setting applies to all fields mergefields included.

However, it should not bother you that the mergefields are shaded when
looking at the mail merge main document. As mentioned, there will be no
fields and hence no shading in the documents or output created when you
execute the merge, which is sounds like you may not be doing.