Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
IVAN IVAN is offline

Default Can "square" pictures be in line with text?

I actually made an instruction manual in word in which the pictures I
inserted are in "square" -with white round grips an a green one at the top-
formating and at the same time are "in-line" with text. If you ask me I don't
know how I achieved this. Does any one know how to reproduce this result?
Please correct me if I am wrong: The "square" formatted pictures or images
use up less memory resouces than the "in-line" formatted -the ones with black
grips-.
Regards.
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Shauna Kelly Shauna Kelly is offline

Hi Ivan

"Square" means not in line with text. That is, if an image is "square", then
it's floating. And floating means not in-line with text. It can't be both.

I have no reason to believe that an image that is in-line uses any more or
any fewer resources than an image that's floating.

Hope this helps.

Shauna Kelly. Microsoft MVP.
http://www.shaunakelly.com/word

"IVAN" wrote in message
I actually made an instruction manual in word in which the pictures I
inserted are in "square" -with white round grips an a green one at the
top-
formating and at the same time are "in-line" with text. If you ask me I
don't
know how I achieved this. Does any one know how to reproduce this result?
Please correct me if I am wrong: The "square" formatted pictures or images
use up less memory resouces than the "in-line" formatted -the ones with
black
grips-.
Regards.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

That said, I have seen the same thing Ivan has, a picture with round handles
that, when you click on the Text Wrapping button on the Picture toolbar,
claims to be In Line With Text.

"IVAN" wrote in message
I actually made an instruction manual in word in which the pictures I
inserted are in "square" -with white round grips an a green one at the
top-
formating and at the same time are "in-line" with text. If you ask me I
don't
know how I achieved this. Does any one know how to reproduce this

result?
Please correct me if I am wrong: The "square" formatted pictures or

images
use up less memory resouces than the "in-line" formatted -the ones with
black
grips-.
Regards.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Cindy M -WordMVP- Cindy M  -WordMVP- is offline

Hi Suzanne/all,

That said, I have seen the same thing Ivan has, a picture with round handles
that, when you click on the Text Wrapping button on the Picture toolbar,
claims to be In Line With Text.

Word 2003 will do that with Drawing objects, including the Canvas. I suspect we
may be dealing with something like that... Maybe the picture in the canvas is
set to square, and the canvas to "inline with text"?

I actually made an instruction manual in word in which the pictures I
inserted are in "square" -with white round grips an a green one at the top-
formating and at the same time are "in-line" with text. If you ask me I don't
know how I achieved this. Does any one know how to reproduce this result?
Please correct me if I am wrong: The "square" formatted pictures or images
use up less memory resouces than the "in-line" formatted -the ones with black
grips-.

Cindy Meister
INTER-Solutions, Switzerland
http://www.word.mvps.org

in the newsgroup and not by e-mail :-)

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

That reminds me: Even when I format a drawing canvas as In Line With Text,
it is not visible in Normal view (as you would expect). To extrapolate from
what you've said, I guess this means the canvas is inline, but all its
contents are still in the drawing layer (which, again, makes sense).

"Cindy M -WordMVP-" wrote in message
Hi Suzanne/all,

[...]

reply
in the newsgroup and not by e-mail :-)

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Cindy M -WordMVP- Cindy M  -WordMVP- is offline

Hi Suzanne,

That reminds me: Even when I format a drawing canvas as In Line With Text,
it is not visible in Normal view (as you would expect). To extrapolate from
what you've said, I guess this means the canvas is inline, but all its
contents are still in the drawing layer (which, again, makes sense).

I'm guessing that what basically happens is that everything is still in the
drawing layer, but Word makes the page lay out as if the things were in-line.

Cindy Meister

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

I'm guessing that what basically happens is that everything is still in
the
drawing layer, but Word makes the page lay out as if the things were

in-line.

And thank goodness for that, too! I have enough trouble controlling things
*in* the drawing canvas without its trying to wander all over the page!

"Cindy M -WordMVP-" wrote in message
Hi Suzanne,