Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Rjpieces Rjpieces is offline

Default Page number function not working

A few months ago, I noticed that all of a sudden that when I inserted page
numbers, it would appear as: {PAGE}. However, when I print a document, the
page numbers print normally. A similar problem happens when inserting
webpages and clicking enter. They appear as:
{HYPERLINK €śhttp://www.cnn.com€ť} but also print normally.

I spent over an hour on the phone with tech support to no avail; Ive also
tried reinstalling Office. Nothing has fixed the problem so far. Any help
is very much appreciated.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Jay Freedman Jay Freedman is offline

Press Alt+F9 to toggle between displaying field codes (what you're
seeing) and field results.

I hope that wasn't Microsoft's support line you were talking to -- if
it was, they should be ashamed of themselves!

--
Regards,
Jay Freedman

{HYPERLINK “http://www.cnn.com”} but also print normally.

I spent over an hour on the phone with tech support to no avail; I’ve also
tried reinstalling Office. Nothing has fixed the problem so far. Any help
is very much appreciated.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Rjpieces Rjpieces is offline

Jay,

Thank you very, very much! Amazing how something that has bothered me for
months was fixed in seconds.

No, it was Dell. They refunded the money that I had paid to use them after
they were unable to fix the problem.

Thanks again.

wrote:

A few months ago, I noticed that all of a sudden that when I inserted page
numbers, it would appear as: {PAGE}. However, when I print a document, the
page numbers print normally. A similar problem happens when inserting
webpages and clicking enter. They appear as:
{HYPERLINK €śhttp://www.cnn.com€ť} but also print normally.

I spent over an hour on the phone with tech support to no avail; Ive also
tried reinstalling Office. Nothing has fixed the problem so far. Any help
is very much appreciated.

Changing page number Denis Levesque Microsoft Word Help 4 April 11th 06 12:58 PM
adding pages MoJR Microsoft Word Help 23 February 28th 06 04:51 PM
Page numbering in footers, Outside margin, Page Number + Number of Pages Eric G Page Layout 6 April 22nd 05 12:28 PM
Page Number funnybroad Page Layout 4 March 3rd 05 07:58 AM
Page Number and Page header on the first page Frank Drost Formatting Long Documents 3 March 1st 05 02:17 PM