Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
NINO

Default How to preset options for E-mails sent from Word

Outlook is my standard E-mail program. I could not find a way how to preset
the send options (mainly the "read receipt request") when using it directly
from Word.
Could you advice me?
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Carol

In Outlook:

To be notified about all messages:

On the Tools menu, Click Options.
Click E-mail Options.
Click Tracking Options.
Select the Read Receipt checkbox.

To be notified about a single message:

In the message, click Options.
Under Voting and tracking options, select the Request a read receipt for
this message check box.
--
Carol A. Bratt, MCP

"NINO" wrote:

Outlook is my standard E-mail program. I could not find a way how to preset
the send options (mainly the "read receipt request") when using it directly
from Word.
Could you advice me?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
NINO

Carol,
but I am looking for a possibilitiy to preset this option as a default one,
not for a single message.
Is there a way?
NINO

"NINO" wrote:

Outlook is my standard E-mail program. I could not find a way how to preset
the send options (mainly the "read receipt request") when using it directly
from Word.
Could you advice me?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Carol

The first set of instructions in my answer will make it the default for all
messages.
--
Carol A. Bratt, MCP

"NINO" wrote:

Outlook is my standard E-mail program. I could not find a way how to preset
the send options (mainly the "read receipt request") when using it directly
from Word.
Could you advice me?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
NINO

Thanks Carol,
for messages started from Outlook your advice for notification about all
messages works well.
However if the message is started by a "send" button from Word, it ignores
the preset options and individual settings for every message are required.
Regards
NINO

"NINO" wrote:

Outlook is my standard E-mail program. I could not find a way how to preset
the send options (mainly the "read receipt request") when using it directly
from Word.
Could you advice me?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Carol

Sorry for the confusion Nino. I have no answer for you regarding messages
sent directly from Word. I am researching it and will post back here if I
can find an answer for you.
--
Carol A. Bratt, MCP

"NINO" wrote:

Outlook is my standard E-mail program. I could not find a way how to preset
the send options (mainly the "read receipt request") when using it directly
from Word.
Could you advice me?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Carol Carol is offline

Sorry Nino, I was a bit busy and then on vacation for a week. As near as I
can tell, you will have to set the preference individually when sending an
e-mail from Word. I'm sorry I couldn't give you the answer you wanted.

Carol
--
Carol A. Bratt, MCP

"NINO" wrote:

Still no result, Carol?
Regards.

"NINO" wrote:

Outlook is my standard E-mail program. I could not find a way how to preset
the send options (mainly the "read receipt request") when using it directly
from Word.
Could you advice me?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
NINO NINO is offline

OK, thank you Carol, we shall wait for a new version of Word.
Sincerely
NINO

"Carol" wrote:

Sorry Nino, I was a bit busy and then on vacation for a week. As near as I
can tell, you will have to set the preference individually when sending an
e-mail from Word. I'm sorry I couldn't give you the answer you wanted.

Carol
--
Carol A. Bratt, MCP

"NINO" wrote: