Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
RuthAnn RuthAnn is offline

Default Formatting the font of an index

When I update my index the fonts are from the paragraph style even though I
have changed the font of the text in the XE Fields. I try to place the XE
fields where the indexed entry is because I have to modify the document
fairly frequently and page numbers may change. Does anyone know a fix for
this?
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

XE fields will take on the font formatting of their surroundings, but only
direct font formatting will be reflected in the index itself. If the
paragraphs your field codes are in have no direct font formatting (only the
Default Paragraph Font), then any formatting the XE fields may display will
not turn up in the index.